- A fabulous twist to the mens and womens 8-eyelet boot
- Dr Martens X collection depicting Di Paolo artwork
- Soft and supple genuine leather uppers
- Includes Dr Martens Air Cushioned sole
The original 1460 boot is undeniably iconic and there's duality to it. The boot started as a working class, utilitarian men's boot and ended up a symbol of self-expression and rebellion. Above ground to underground is why its dual nature and perfect for the museum collection. It's emblazoned with The Annunciation, a painting by Giannicola Di Paolo-which features the archangel Gabriel handing a lily, the symbol of purity, to the Virgin Mary. Religion, meets counterculture.
Selections from Di Paolo's designs are digitally printed onto Backhand leather. There's no binding on the collars. It's got Dr Martens' simple yellow welt stitch, which ensures the main focus is on the artwork. The Di Paolo has the iconic AirWair Bouncing Soles, that's oil-and-fat resistant with good abrasion and slip resistance-and has been since 1960. Finally, this shoe is Goodyear-welted, meaning the upper and sole are sewn together in our heat-sealed z-welt stitch for enhanced comfort.
Inner: Leather & Textile
- FAST & FREE UK Mainland Delivery - We are pleased to offer fast and free delivery to our customers living in mainland United Kingdom. This service is provided by Parcelforce, delivering your orders typically within 48 hours (2 working days) of the date of dispatch. We aim to dispatch all orders within 1-3 working days.
- International Delivery - We offer delivery to locations all over the world. To see if we deliver to your country and how much this will cost, please see our Delivery page.
- Easy Cancellations & Returns - Shop with confidence, try on at home and if you decide not to keep your purchase simply return to us within 14 days after delivery for an exchange or a full refund of the cost of your item(s). See details of HOW TO RETURN YOUR ORDER here. The cost of returning an order to Scorpio Shoes is to be paid by the buyer in all circumstances except where Scorpio Shoes has made an error, incorrectly supplied goods, or supplied goods that were faulty or not as described.
- Faults & Mistakes - We inspect EVERY pair of footwear before dispatch for quality, appearance, and to ensure your order is supplied correctly. In the unlikely and rare event that you receive goods that are faulty or are incorrectly supplied, simply return them to us for an exchange or full refund. We will reimburse the cost of your return postage after confirming the fault or mistake.
For detailed information please go to our Delivery and Cancellations & Returns pages.
Updated March 2016.
You can shop with confidence with Scorpio Shoes, safe in the knowledge that your payment and security is of the utmost importance.
That is why we have chosen the two most popular, market leading payment gateways; SagePay & Paypal
You can pay using your bank credit or debit card via our store's built in SagePay powered checkout, or if you wish to use your Paypal account, simply select that option during the checkout process.